Summer Research Program in Ecology Application
Application Deadline: Friday February 1, 2013 Midnight EST.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Recommendation letters must be submitted by application deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS!
On-line Applications will be accepted beginning December 3rd.
- The Harvard Forest Summer Program is open to undergraduates or recently graduated students.
- Significant past experience in ecological research is not required - only an enthusiasm to learn.
- Some projects might require students to have completed coursework in ecology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, or statistics.
- Must positions are for US Citizens or Resident Aliens. See FAQ for details.
Print out an Application Checklist to assist you in the process
1. Two references: email address and contact information of persons will provide recommendations.
- The FIRST TIME you have entered a referees' email address and press the proceed button (Save or Submit), an email will be automatically sent to the referee with instructions on how to submit the reference on-line. You must enter all the information for your referee at that time, as it can not be edited.
- It is strongly recommended that an initial application with the 2 referees email addresses be SAVED as soon as possible to allow referees appropriate time to complete their letters.
2. Essay describing your career objectives, your science background (including relevant courses, employment, or experiences), your expectations for a successful REU experience, and your educational and career objectives.
- Please Note: We can support only 5-10% of students who apply to this program. The most competitive applications are those inwhich the application essay reflects careful consideration of how the program and the research projects dovetail with your educational and career goals. (250 words maximum)
3. Resume (uploaded as attachment)
4. Identify your top 4 choices of research projects offered to include in the application.
- You will be notified by email upon submission of your application and after each recommendation is submitted.
- Notification of Acceptance will be made by Friday, March 8, 2013.
For Questions & Additional Information: Review our FAQs.
Still have questions? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: If you are having trouble uploading an attachment, please contact email@example.com. Attachments sent via email will NOT be accepted/considered.