Summer Research Program in Ecology Application
Application Deadline: Friday February 7, 2014 Midnight EST.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Recommendation letters must be submitted by application deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS!
On-line Applications will be accepted beginning Monday December 9, 2013.
- The Harvard Forest Summer Program is open to undergraduates or recently graduated students from all institutions.
- Significant past experience in ecological research is NOT required - only an enthusiasm to learn.
- Some projects might require students to have completed coursework in ecology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, or statistics.
- Must positions are for US Citizens or Resident Aliens. See FAQ for details.
Print out an Application Checklist to assist you in the process
1. Two references: Contact information including email address and phone number of persons who will provide recommendations.
- It is strongly recommended that an initial application have 2 references entered as soon as possible to allow referees appropriate time to complete their letters.
- Once you have entered a referees' contact information (must be complete as it cannot be edited later) and press the "Notify referees" button, an email from email@example.com will be automatically sent to the referee with instructions on how to submit the reference on-line.
2. Essay describing your career objectives, your science background (including courses, employment, and/or experiences), your expectations for a successful summer experience, and your educational and career objectives.
- Please Note: We can support only 5-10% of students who apply to this program. The most competitive applications are those in which the application essay reflects careful consideration of how the program and the research projects dovetail with your educational and career goals. (250 words maximum)
3. Resume (uploaded as attachment)
4. Identify your top 4 choices of research projects to be included in the application.
- You will be notified by email upon submission of your application and after each recommendation is submitted.
- Notification of Acceptance will be made by Friday, March 7, 2014.
For Questions & Additional Information: Review our FAQs.
Still have questions? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: If you are having trouble uploading an attachment, please contact email@example.com.
Attachments sent via email will NOT be accepted/considered.