You are here
HF in the News
Historical and Retrospective Studies
- Eye on Weather: Lessons Learned From Hurrican of '38. By Eric Fisher. CBS Boston - WBZ News, May 21, 2016.
- Tree Ring Record: Recent southeastern droughts "a drop in the bucket". By Shelby Krantz. WUFT Florida, April 4, 2016.
- A Web of Sensors Enfolds an Entire Forest to Uncover Clues to Climate Change. By Mark Harris. IEEE Spectrum Magazine, February 26, 2015.
- The World Trade Center Ship Gets Its Birthdate. By Jerry Beilinson. The New Yorker, August 7, 2014.
- A Hemlock Farewell. By Laura Levis. Harvard Magazine, July-August 2014.
- The Pisgah Forest: Harvard's Living Laboratory. By David Foster. Northern Woodlands, Spring 2014.
- Forest Farewell: An ode to an iconic tree. By Robert Sullivan. Orion, March/April 2014.
- Wasps infesting, imperiling area's black oaks. By David Abel. The Boston Globe, November 18, 2013.
- Lush and leafy forests will need protection. By Steve Grant. Hartford Courant, October 5, 2013.
- Effects of human impact are long lasting for forests in Northeast U.S.. By John Barrat. Smithsonian Science, September 18, 2013.
- New England sees a return of forests, wildlife. By Colin Nickerson. The Boston Globe, August 31, 2013.
- Forest winners and losers in a changing climate. By Doug Struck. Boston Globe - Green Blog, June 13, 2013.
- Revising 1630s Massachusetts: Roberto Mighty's 'First Contact'. By Greg Cook. WBUR, March 27, 2013.
- Let It Be: Hands-off approach is best for forest recovery after a major storm. By Roberta Kwok. Consrevation Magazine, December 1, 2012.
- America Gone Wild. By Jim Sterba. The Wall Street Journal, November 2, 2012.
- In dead Vineyard oaks, a warming warning. By Beth Daley. Boston Globe, Nov. 2, 2009.
- Envisioning an evergreen Massachusetts. By Tom Horton. American Forests, Spring 2008.