You are here
Plan Your Visit to Harvard Forest
**Please note that the Fisher Museum will be closed for renovations from Nov. 1, 2016 through April 1, 2017. The other meeting/tour spaces at Harvard Forest will remain open during this time.**
Review these Items when preparing your visit
Facilities and Amenities Available
- Available for groups of 5 - 100 people
- All rooms pictured below have wireless connectivity, projection and computer hookup.
- Several small "break out" spaces with wireless connectivity are available for groups up to 10 people
Fisher Museum - suitable for 100 people in lecture seating or 45 in conference room seating with tables
Shaler Hall Seminar Room - suitable for 30 people
Shaler Hall Conference Room - suitable for 12 people - video conferencing available.
- Shaler Hall Common Room is a multi-purpose space that can be arranged to accommodate 5 to 40 people at a sit down meal or up to 100 folks standing or 125 lecture style
Forest staff can provide coffee and tea service to visiting groups year-round during business hours. For meals and off-hours coffee service, our staff can also recommend a variety of in-house caterers and off-site restaurants that can handle most budgets and various sized groups throughout the year.
Guided tours of the Fisher Museum, natural history trails, and research sites may be arranged in advance with staff educators and researchers. Walking trails with interpretive natural history signs are also available 365 days a year for unguided exploration.
Available for up to 50 people in singles, doubles and triple rooms
- All Units
- have kitchens stocked with basic kitchen ware (pots, pans, plates, cups and utensils) and appliances (fridge/freezer, oven/stove, coffee maker and microwave)
- Sheets, pillows, blankets, towels and soap bars are provided
- Typically guests are expected to make their own beds and strip them prior to departure. Guests also must remove all perishable and non-perishable food items
- Fisher House - max. occupancy is 23 including 14 bedrooms with 6.5 bathrooms. Not available last week in May through 3rd week in August
- Raup House - max. occupancy is 16 in 6 bedrooms with 3 full and 1 half baths
- Community House
- South dorm - max. occupancy of 6 in 4 bedrooms with 1 full bath
- Middle dorm - max. occupancy of 4 in 2 bedrooms with 1 full bath