You are here
Chemical Use at Harvard Forest
Chemicals at Harvard Forest
- Harvard Forest Chemical Registry: any chemical (including gas tanks) must be registered into this database (protocol)
- Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) search: in depth information on any chemical
- Hazardous Waste Collection and Disposal: hazardous waste generated on-site must be properly collected, stored and disposed of
Useful Links about working in a Laboratory
- Harvard University Office of Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S)
- Massachusetts "Right to Know" Law for working with chemicals
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
Things You Should Know...
- Chemicals should not be stored outside of lab-designated spaces.
- It is not lawful to transport chemicals (including compressed gas tanks) in a private vehicle.
For more information or questions contact the laboratory manager, Manisha Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org