You are here
Alumni profile: Where are you now?
Summer Research Program '11
Mentor: Jim Tang
Project: Soil Carbon Dynamics at Harvard Forest
College and major: Lincoln University, Environmental Science and GIS. 2010.
- What you miss most about the Summer Research program: I miss the interaction with the mentors on a very casual basis. While some of the seminars were long, it was good to be able to have a one on one discussion with the presenters. There were a great opportunities, all around.
- What you miss least about the program: When in the field, it is always a good idea to have back-up power for your equipment.
- What about the program has stuck with you: I continue to challenge the boundaries by asking more questions.
- Have you stayed in touch with other Summer Students? While graduate school is challenging and busy, I have a chance to get in touch with my ol' pals from time to time.
- Did your Summer Research experience support or change your school/career plans? The REU experience definitely has had a big impact in my career plans and as I continue to plug in I find it a good experience. The support system from the administration made it easy.
- What are you up to now? Currently working to complete my master's degree in environmental science and public health.