You are here
Alumni profile: Where are you now?
Summer Research Program '11
Mentors: Kristina Stinson and Sydne Record
Project: A Demographic Study of Ambrosia artemisiifolia (Ragweed) Across a Rural to Urban Gradient in Massachusetts
Hometown: Santa Barbara, California
College and major: Mount Holyoke College, Environmental Studies, 2012
- What you miss most about the Summer Research program: I enjoyed spending lots of time outdoors and doing field research with other students. I also really loved living in Fisher house with all of my housemates!
- What you miss least about the program: Nothing.
- What about the program has stuck with you: It was one of the best research and summer experiences I have ever had. The REU program has opened up so many great research opportunities. Also, I met so many interesting new people that I have kept in contact with after the program ended.
- Have you stayed in touch with other Summer students: Yes! I visited one of my roommates in Burlington, Vermont last Fall.
- Did your Summer Research experience support or change your school/career plans?: The REU experience was the encouragement I needed to continue to pursue ecological research, and I hope to continue doing field research after college.
- What are you up to now: I am currently living in Madison, WI working part-time at a French bakery and part-time as a research assistant for a psychology professor on a public health project at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.